Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
Listed below are the Addition and Subtraction worksheets developed so far at HelpingWithMath.com. These worksheets include both addition and subtraction questions and are typically suited to Kindergarten and 1st Grade students.
The worksheets include foundation activities that help students with number bonds to help develop an understanding of how numbers can be put together or broken apart.
There are fact family worksheets up to 9.
The addition and subtraction worksheets included both numbers to 10 and numbers to 20.
There is also a versatile worksheet generator that allows for a limitless number of addition and/ or subtraction questions.
Number Bond Activities
Number Bond Worksheets
Cuisenaire Rods are excellent for helping students to explore and develop an understanding of numbers and how they relate to each other. Like other hands-on, or "concrete materials", they help model operations such as addition and subtraction. The worksheet/ activities below include visual prompts that are based on cuisenaire rods and they are intended to help with the transition between the "concrete" and the abstract e.g. equations such as 6 = 2 + 4.
This addition and subtraction worksheet generator lets you create limitless addition and subtraction questions that are based on work with Cuisenaire Rods. Numbers and number ranges can be set as can the position of the answer. Good for getting started with addition and subtraction.
This addition/ subtraction worksheet generator provides limitless questions that can be set in a variety of forms. e.g. __ + 3 = 8 or 9 - __ = 2. Questions can be addition only, subtraction only, or a mixture of both. Number ranges can also be controlled. That's not all; it allows a horizontal or vertical format. This worksheet generator is not available in the stores!
Making 10/ Bridging
The two worksheets below provide practice with the very important skill of making (bridging) 10 and multiples of 10. e.g. 9 + 5 = 14, 27 + 6 = 33. The first two worksheets are 2 pages in length and include partial number lines on which bridging can be marked and visualized.
Adding and Subtracting
- Addition and Subtraction Problems to 10 # 1
- Addition and Subtraction Problems to 10 # 2
- Addition and Subtraction Problems to 20 # 1
- Addition and Subtraction Problems to 20 # 2
- Mappings to 10 # 1 e.g. add 2 to 4, 6, 7, & 8
- Mappings to 10 # 2
- Mappings to 20 # 1 e.g. add 6 to 7, 8, 9, & 11
- Mappings to 20 # 2
- Missing Numbers With Adding and Subtracting to 10 #1 e.g. 6 - __ = 4, __ + 3 = 7
- Missing Numbers With Adding and Subtracting to 10 #2
- Missing Numbers With Adding and Subtracting to 20 #1 e.g. 12 - __ = 7, __ + 9 = 17
- Missing Numbers With Adding and Subtracting to 20 #2
- Addition & Subtraction With Numbers To 9 e.g. 5 + 4 = ___, 8 - 2 = ___
- Addition & Subtraction With Numbers To 18 e.g. 4 + 8 = ___, 15 - 7 = ___
- Addition & Subtraction: 2-digit & 1-digit (no regrouping) e.g. 22 + 7 = ___, 67 - 5 = ___
- Addition & Subtraction: 2-digit & 2-digit (no regrouping) e.g. 42 + 36 = ___, 89 - 35 = ___
- Addition & Subtraction: 2-digit & 2-digit (regrouping) e.g. 56 + 37 = ___, 45 - 28 = ___
The two worksheets below combine to introduce and support the strategy of borrowing ten when subtracting.
Adding and Subtracting Zero, One, Doubles
This worksheet generator provides limitless questions on adding and/ or subtracting zeros, ones, doubles, and near doubles. Can be set to work with numbers to 10, 20, 50, or 100.
Addition & Subtraction Strategies
Try the addition and subtraction worksheet generator. You can generate your own questions by selecting a range of values for both numbers and you can randomly generate limitless questions. Questions can be shown in either horizontal or stacked formats.
Most of the worksheets include a "Show Answer" option which can be selected to allow answer sheets to be viewed and printed off. You will also find a listing of just addition worksheets here and a similar list of subtraction worksheets here.