Math Flash Cards
Flash Cards can help your child to memorize basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. Each of the documents below set have up to eight pages with each page containing four questions.
They are listed below alongside an example of the type of question they contain. These cards can be used whenever there is a spare minute or two to practice basic facts.
Before working with the flash cards and with other memorization methods, be sure that you child has an understanding of the arithmetic concepts. Working with real objects such as counters (buttons or anything that can easily be manipulated will do) will help develop such an understanding.
The following cards and similar resources that can help with memorizing math facts are included on this page:
- Number Cards
- Addition Flash Card Sets
- Subtraction Flash Card Sets
- Multiplication Flash Card Sets
- Division Flash Card Sets
- Fraction Cards
- Online Flash Cards
You'll also find Fact Triangles (for multiplication and division) here to help work with number families.
The five documents below contain number cards from 1 to 100. There are four numbers on each page and they can be cut to make individual number cards. Each card includes an illustration of the quantity that the number represents.
- Numbers from 1 to 20: with symbols ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 1 to 20: no symbols ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 21 to 40 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 41 to 60 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 61 to 80 ( on five pages)
- Numbers from 81 to 100 ( on five pages)
- Sums to 9 e.g. 6 + 3
- Sums to 12 e.g. 8 + 4
- Sums to 18 e.g. 9 + 9
- 2-digit + 1-digit - no regrouping e.g. 34 + 5
- 2-digit + 2 -digit - no regrouping e.g. 42 + 36
- 1 + 1 > 1 + 9
- 2 + 1 > 2 + 9
- 3 + 1 > 3 + 9
- 4 + 1 > 4 + 9
- 5 + 1 > 5 + 9
- 6 + 1 > 6 + 9
- 7 + 1 > 7 + 9
- 8 + 1 > 8 + 9
- 9 + 1 > 9 + 9
- Numbers to 9 e.g. 6 - 3
- Numbers to 12 e.g.12 - 4
- Numbers to 18 e.g. 17 - 9
- 2-digit - 1-digit - no regrouping e.g. 38 - 5
- 2-digit - 2 -digit - no regrouping e.g. 48 - 36
- Taking away from 1 thru' 5
- Taking away from 6 thru' 7
- Taking away from 8 thru' 9
- Products to 45 e.g. 6 x 4
- Products to 81 e.g. 8 x 7
- Products to 144 e.g. 12 x 11
- 2-digit x 1-digit e.g. 15 x 5, 20 x 8
- 1 times table e.g. 1 x 1 to 1 x 12
- 2 times table
- 3 times table
- 4 times table
- 5 times table
- 6 times table
- 7 times table
- 8 times table
- 9 times table
- 10 times table
- 11 times table
- 12 times table
Using the flash cards to practice math
- Each document (or set) contains multiple pages. Select the Print Flash Cards option and print all (or the number you wish) pages.
- Cut pages into halves as shown on the cards. (you can do more than one page at a time)
- Fold each card along the fold line
- Arrange and stack the math flash cards and work through the stack with your child at whatever speed suits. Note the questions and answers on the flip-side of each card that are shown to help you check your child's responses.
The three documents below contain printable fraction cards with halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, and tenths. Each one shows a fraction both with numbers and graphically. The numbers and the shading on the fraction bar can be toggled on and off so that the cards can be used for exercises.
Idea: Switch the numbers and/ or the shading off and get your child to help make the fraction cards.
The links below will open flash cards that don't need to be printed and that your child can click on to show addition, subtraction, multiplication and division questions. The questions are random and never ending so they will allow for lots of practice with basic arithmetic facts.
|Online Flash Cards For Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division||Online Flash Cards For Multiplication Tables|
Note for Teachers: Visit the HelpingWithMath.com Download Place if you'd like to put these flashcards or other resources on your own site.