Practice Quiz: Fractions on a number line
The Fractions resource above is aligned (wholly or partially) with standard 3NF02 taken from the Common Core Standards For Mathematics (see the extract below). The various resources listed below are aligned to the same standard.
Understand a fraction as a number on the number line; represent fractions on a number line diagram.
- Represent a fraction 1/b on a number line diagram by defining the interval from 0 to 1 as the whole and partitioning it into b equal parts. Recognize that each part has size 1/b and that the endpoint of the part based at 0 locates the number 1/b on the number line.
- Represent a fraction a/b on a number line diagram by marking off a lengths 1/b from 0. Recognize that the resulting interval has size a/b and that its endpoint locates the number a/b on the number line.
Similar to the above listing, the resources below are aligned to related standards in the Common Core For Mathematics that together support the following learning outcome:
Develop understanding of fractions as numbers
- How to Help with fractions (From Examples/ Guidance)
- Printable Fraction Cards (10 pages) (From Flashcards)
- Fraction Domino Cards (matching words, fractions, and images) (From Activities)
- Blank Line with 3 Marks (marks at start, mid-point, and end) (From Number lines)
- Eighths (From Charts)
- Fourths & Fifths (From Charts)
- Sixths (From Charts)
- Tenths (From Charts)
- Half & thirds (From Charts)
- Identifying Fractions e.g. What fraction is shaded? (From Worksheets)
- Writing Fractions e.g. 2/ 5, two fifths (From Worksheets)
- Simplifying Fractions Worksheet Generator (From Worksheets)
- Identifying Fractions (1 of 6) - with half, thirds, fourths, and fifths (From Worksheets)
- Identifying Fractions (2 of 6) - with fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, and twelfths (From Worksheets)
- Identifying Fractions (3 of 6) - with twelfths, fifteenths, sixteenths, and twentieths (From Worksheets)